Car Scheduled Maintenance Service: Fort Lauderdale
Autologic provides preventive car maintenance on makes and models.
Scheduled maintenance might not be a favorite pastime for the majority of car owners, but regular maintenance is vital to keep any vehicle running smoothly, especially in the hot, humid weather of South Florida. Here at Autologic, our technicians have the experience to provide the best proactive maintenance service possible for any vehicle type, make or model.
The following guidelines are the approximate intervals and services recommended for basic scheduled service maintenance. Specifics differ according to manufacturer, so always refer to the owner’s manual and an expert technician when scheduling maintenance service.
3,000 to 7,500 miles
Proper engine lubrication is essential for the longevity of the engine and vehicle. Replacing the oil and oil filter every 3,000 to 5,000 miles is a common recommendation for vehicles using conventional oil, but synthetic oil usually offers good lubrication for about 7,500 miles.
All vehicles should receive basic maintenance service at about 15,000 miles. The oil, oil filter, cabin filter and engine air filter will be changed, as will wiper blades. This service will also include a tire rotation and inspection of the brake and cooling systems.
- The 15,000-mile service will be repeated andthe fuel filter will be replaced.
- Engine coolant will be changedand power steering and transmission fluids will be flushed and replaced.
- A more thorough inspection will take place, including spark plugs.
- Service includesa full inspection and changing the oil and oil filter. If the spark plugs were not previously replaced, they will be now. The ignition management system will be inspected and replaced, if necessary.
- The brake fluid and pads will be changed, especially if the vehicle is driven in stop-and-go traffic or less than ideal conditions.
- The ignition system and suspension will also be inspected.
At this service, the work performed at 30,000 miles should be repeated, with the addition of replacing the battery, radiator hoses, coolant, power steering fluid and timing belt. The air conditioning system and tires will also be inspected.
Two last pieces of advice:
- Don’t skip any maintenance appointments just because a vehicle is in good running condition.
- Maintenance is far less expensive than repairs or buying another vehicle.
AutoLogic Auto Repair is a full-service, one-stop facility that has been serving the greater Fort Lauderdale area for more than 30 years. Our ASE (Automotive Science Excellence) certified technicians provide fast and expert service maintenance.